1st and 3rd Wednesdays each month
Purpose: To promote Strong Female Characters in Fiction and the Women who Write them.
1st Wednesday, Hashtag Event: One line from a strong female character (protagonist, antagonist, or otherwise) from your current or recent work of fiction.
3rd Wednesday at 7p CST, Tweet Chat: What it means to be strong, importance of strong female characters in fiction, and other topics providing female authors and readers opportunities to connect and learn. (60 minutes)
- Use #StrongWomenWrite hashtag for both events.
- Open to women writing fictional strong female characters, published or not. (Female game developers and male allies writing strong female leads also welcome.)
- NO erotica or gore.
- There are two (2) events. ONLY lines from the 1st Wednesday will be randomly selected to appear in the newsletter to further promote writers. Please post only on this date. (If a special event/occasion, please contact for other options.)
- Follow the conversation on Twubs for fewer distractions.
- Readers: Like, RT (retweet) your favorites, or otherwise connect with authors to show your support.
- Authors: Ditto + Use as opportunity to connect with readers, network, and share resources.
- Buy links, spam, unrelated content will be removed!
- Keep the hashtag clean to ensure it remains a quality event and great experience for everyone.
- More is coming! Please continue to share #StrongWomenWrite with other female writers and join the email list to stay tuned.